JUNIOR Chamber International, Odua (JCI Odua) in conjunction with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the Oyo State Government through the Start Them Early Programme (STEP) recently, organised the Back to School Agricultural Summit at Methodist High School, Ibadan, Oyo State.
The 2022 JCI Odua president, JCIN Amb. Hammed Lateef in his remark reiterated the club’s commitment to curbing food insecurity, which occurs as a result of disruption of farmlands by herdsmen.
The project involves ten students from ten different schools, namely: Ibadan Grammar School, Anglican Grammar School, Liberty Commercial Academy, St. Luke’s Grammar School, Yejide Girls Grammar School, St. Anne’s School, Community Grammar School, Eyinni High School, these students are exposed to different livestock farming tools, and crop production tools as well.
- Women Farmers: using tech to boost their farm businesses in Africa.
- Hatch & Boost launches agriTech startup World of Farming.
- Firm Donates 15,000 Tonnes of Fertilisers to Rwanda.
- Produce all year round – Lithuanians develop Europe’s largest vertical farm.
- AI is advancing the Middle East’s goal of sustainable fishing.